Copyright © Thrivability Solutions Network. All rights reserved.
Proud supporter of:
Thrival Education & Safety
INSTEAD Flipped-Mastery Learning systems, games, etc.
Many people go through life not discovering their talents and/or passions, much less
moulding them into fulfilling careers. This untapped and thus wasted talent can lead
to depression, aimlessness and their associated consequences.
Solution: The Individual Natural Strengths & Talents Exploration, Application
and Development (INSTEAD) Academy
In order to enable to society to thrive, we must empower any student to systematically
discover and develop all of their natural strengths and talents. These strengths
empower students to overcome or compensate for their weaknesses. He or she can
then discover his or her favorite talents and mould them into passions and careers. The INSTEAD Program is designed to do just that. This mandatory/core program should be provided to students at all educational levels, globally:
1. A combination of Emotional Intelligence, Practical Intelligence, Multiple Intelligences and other learning style indicators are used to provide a starting point/baseline/point of reference.
2. The teacher and student use this starting point to begin to discover and develop the student’s Top Three Strengths and Talents in each of the following: arts, sports, daily cardio/strength workouts, trades, sciences and games.
3. Teach how to constructively integrate these Inner Strengths in school, professionally and socially
4. The student is encouraged to find his/her passions within his/her strengths, then practice, practice, practice.
5. Retest for strengths each year to capture and record changes, then incorporate them
• Survival and Thrival Wilderness Training
• Survival and Thrival Swimming Training
• Self-Defence Training against animal and human attackers
• Promote complementary hobbies
• Anti-bullying module
• Stress management and anger management modules
• Public speaking module
• Promote an Internal Locus of Control
• Positive Parenting and Authoritative Parenting tools and techniques are taught to help our children to: be good parents when their turn comes, better understand the motives behind parents' rules and thus be more cooperative, provide helpful alternatives to parents who run into disciplinary difficulties.
• Diplomacy, socialization and negotiation modules
Montessori, Mastery Learning, Flow Psychology and other educational approaches which produce the best self-discovery, development and mastery results should all be evaluated. The best aspects of each can be combined into a single mandatory Flipped Mastery INSTEAD course for all students, at all educational levels. Perhaps even INSTEAD video games are possible...
The Application and Development of these talents is done through vocational massive open online courses - MOOC. Virtual and mixed reality systems would be an important tool to explore, apply and develop any individual's inner strengths and talents.
A "Flipped classroom is an instructional strategy and a type of blended learning that reverses the traditional educational arrangement by delivering instructional content, often online, outside of the classroom and moves activities, including those that may have traditionally been considered homework, into the classroom. In a flipped classroom model, students watch online lectures, collaborate in online discussions, or carry out research at home and engage in concepts in the classroom with the guidance of the instructor."
"Mastery Learning is, simply put, an approach to teaching that requires students to attain a pre-defined level of proficiency in a topic before they can move on to the next topic in a course... This approach is particularly effective and vital in any course where the content builds on prior learning. The idea has been around for decades, but it has been challenging to implement until recently. Today’s instructional technology tools can be used to make the Mastery Learning approach far more achievable than it was in the ‘pre-tech’ classrooms of the past."
Learning How to Learn: Powerful mental tools to help you master tough subjects
"About this course: This course gives you easy access to the invaluable learning techniques used by experts in art, music, literature, math, science, sports, and many other disciplines. We’ll learn about the how the brain uses two very different learning modes and how it encapsulates (“chunks”) information. We’ll also cover illusions of learning, memory techniques, dealing with procrastination, and best practices shown by research to be most effective in helping you master tough subjects."
Mathematics made easy and fun for everyone!
"Throughout Scott [Flansburg]’s travels Scott proves his capacity to perform high-speed addition, subtraction, multiplication, square roots and even cube roots. More important than showing others the skills that he has acquired, he wants to show others that they already have the ability to perform seemingly difficult math problems without a calculator. Using Scott’s nontraditional tactics, he has learned that any student or professional who needs to use math in their daily life is only hindered by the calculator instead merely using their brain."